Thursday, August 28

Weekend in La Jolla, San Diego

This past weekend we went to La Jolla Beach (pronounced La Hoya for you anglo Spokanites) in San Diego with Allison and Ryan to celebrate my birthday since they couldn't make it to L.A. Ryan gave us a lesson in surfing 101- Jared passed the class, I swallowed a lot of salt water but had a great time.
Took a nice stroll down the beach...


Sand Sisters!

California Pizza Kitchen for dinner- definitely worked up an appetite that day and had no problem eating 3 medium pizzas.



Ryan and Alla...our private tour guides. Aren't they cute?
A day's adventure is never far away in Southern California. For any of you who hope to visit us, we'd love to take you to some of our favorites. :)


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun day at the beach. Our furnace went on this morning, so count your blessings!! Love,Mom















M

McMurrays said...

It looks like you guys are having so much fun! Thanks for updating the blog we love following your adventures.
The McMurrays

Emilie said...

Hey Jadie and Jared,
I just found your blog and I'm SO excited. I've been thinking about you guys. I'm so glad all is well in CA. I miss bumping into around here (or in Seattle).
Keep in Touch,
Emilie

mmsnyder said...

HEY JADIE AND JARED! I found your blog from your comment on McMurrays blog (oh what a small world...)! Looks like you guys are loving CA! When I ran into you guys last (at the airport his spring I think it was) you guys weren't sure if you were going to be in CA or back east. How nice to be my both your siblings. And do you and Alla get asked if you guys are twins everywhere you go??! WOW- you guys look so much alike! So glad things are going great for you!!

Take care!
Megan

Amy Hook said...

Jadie! It was so fun to catch up on your blog updates. What an awesome answer to prayer regarding your job! Are you starting to feel settled at all? How fun that you get to live by all the siblings even though you are far from home. Send Kimmie my love next time you see her:)!

Keith and Meghan said...

Just found your blog via the McMurrays---fun to see what you are up to! Sounds like a lot of fun, and how great to be in the warm weather! Jadie, I just made the connection that you are the daughter of Roger---I just got hired at Brentwood, I'm so looking forward to getting to know your dad this year. Blessings to you both in So. Cal.
Meghan