Tuesday, August 5

An Update...

We've been pretty busy these last few weeks and already we are almost into the full swing of how things will be on a normal basis down here. Thought I'd take a minute to share with you all what's going on these days and a huge blessing that happened last week.
I'll start with the huge blessing...I GOT A JOB! Praise the Lord, I found a job and in a short amount of time, which is so great. I will be an Administrative Assistant to the head of the International Dental Program for Loma Linda University. The International Dental Program is for foreign dentists who have moved to the US and in order to be licensed dentists and practice in America, they have to complete a two year program. There are 24 students each year and Loma Linda's program is one of the top ranked for this in the nation. I feel so blessed to have received the offer, especially since it was over a week long process that had me testing my patience. :) All it took was going into the Dental School, in person, talking to the right person and just praying that this is where God wanted me. The greatest part of all this is that Jared and I will be in the same building everday...all day. He will be on the first floor in lecture and clinic and I will be working up on the 3rd floor. If we want, we can have lunch together everyday and because our house is only 3 blocks from the school, most likely we will walk to work/school together everday! God is so good and we are just so thankful for His provision and guidance down here.
Jared has already begun classes, as he is out at USC and UCLA for a 3 week summer program with the post-bach. dental students from each of those schools. Then he will be back in Loma Linda in two weeks to begin his year-round program. He is loving all of his classes and studies right now and has had some amazing opportunities already with hands-on dentistry. Jared is good with his hands...and loves to work with them, so this hands-on stuff is right down his alley.
I've been going out to LA on the weekends to visit Jared and Nate and Kim, and all the siblings (Adams and Pike's) are meeting up this coming weekend in LA for my birthday which will be a first. One of the many plusses of being down here is the ease that all of us siblings can get together, since we are all so close now. We love it!
Sorry I haven't had any pictures on the last couple of blogs...I keep forgetting to take the camera with me places, but I'll put some up soon so everyone can see where we live and what we've been up to.
I posted a You Tube video on our blog of our theme song down here. It's played a lot on Christian radio, the theme song in the new Narnia Movie, but the lyrics are so cool and we wanted to share the song with all of you because we really like it...it's called This is Home.
And this is home...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking for a nice, used Volvo - any ideas on where I could find one?