Sunday, March 1

Zags game in San Diego

We're huge Zags fan, and yesterday we had the chance to go see the Zags play down in San Diego- it was so fun. Thanks to Dad Juan and Debbie being season ticket holders, we were able to drive down to S.D., even go to a GU Alumni pre-game event and then watch Gonzaga beat USD. We decided to make a day of it and so we drove through Old Town Temecula on our way down and made a pit stop at this cute coffee shop for iced drinks. We love finding cool coffee houses wherever we travel and this one I think would top our list. Old Town Temecula was really neat too- you feel like you are in the middle of Wyoming, in the mid-west about 100 years ago. After that the drive to San Diego is beautiful and you get to see some of the largest avacado ranches in the US. Overall it was a great day to get away, spend some time together and root on the Zags. Oh, have to mention that on the way home we stopped by In-N-Out for cheesburgers and fries. Would you believe that in the 7 months we've lived down here, it was my first time eating In-N-Out? I know...crazy...but let me tell you...those burgers are delicious! A great way to settle my tummy before the drive home! :)


Old Town Temecula-of course there's a Starbucks

It was 85 degrees yesterday so they had the outdoor AC units going

This was our coffee stop- Cafe Bravo

University of San Diego- beautiful campus- very Spanish style and feels like an
Ivy League campus


I can't believe the mascot for SD took this picture with me- I don't think he saw
what my t-shirt said :)



















7 comments:

Emilie said...

What a great day you two had! Looks like tons of fun!

Anonymous said...

So glad you had fun on your getaway! That's funny about the USD mascot!! Nineteen days and counting. Love, Mom and Dad XOXO

Life with the Lyons said...

Hey! Did you know that the Temecula Caffe Bravo is where Caffe Delicio in Spokane got their coffee??? I have yet to go to Temecula and check it out -- it's on my list of to do's though :)

Looks like you guys are doing well!!! -Katie

Life with the Lyons said...

another note: Tammy made a deal with Caffe Bravo to not sell their coffee to anyone within 50 miles of Caffe Delicio, so her coffee is one of a kind to Spokane. :)

oh... and In-n-Out -- THE BEST fast food burgers hands down. Try protein animaml style next time. It is a burger with no bun, but wraped in lettuce, and then smothered with greasy grilled onions. Messy, but SOOO good!

Katherine said...

I am so glad I found your blog! It looks like you guys are doing well. Sounds like you had fun at the GU game. I love in-n-out, the best thing ever! You need to look at their website for their "secret" menue.

Amy Hook said...

How fun! I have to say I am a bit jealous of the 85 degree day. I would love to see one of those around here sometime soon! I won't tell Jonathan about your first In & Out experience...he will probably roll over and die when he hears it was your first trip in all your time in Cali:). It's probably better for you that way though!

Anonymous said...

fun! you shoulda gone and said hello to coach giac--tell him your marc's wife's BFF ;)