Wednesday, November 11

Dr. Sofia's day and Pine Springs Ranch

Dr. Rodriguez, or Sofia, is one of the doctors in my deparmtent at the dental school and she is marrying my boss, Dr. Fitzpatrick over Thanksgiving weekend. Today was Sofia's day...my co-worker Denise and I took her to the mall to get all the things she needed for her wedding. First stop was Nordstrom for her dress fitting, shoes and make-up...then we got the jewlery, the undergarments, and the "after party" wear and some hair extensions that she really wanted for her big day. We had SO much fun the three of us, getting out of the office/school for the day and spending time doing what girls do best...shop, talk, and have fun. I'm so excited for Dr. Sofia and Dr. Fitzpatrick! In March they will be going to Mexico, for a traditional Mexican wedding, since that is where Sofia is from, but for now, they will tie the knot in two weeks at the Excalibur in Vegas!
Sofia and I during the dress fitting.

Me, Sofia and Denise- Denise and I had brought jeans to work to change into for shopping, because there's no way we were going to do a full day at the mall in our business professional attire! We practically had to sneak out of the school when we left because the school has a pretty tight dress code and jeans are a big no-no at Loma Linda. :)

Of course Denise and I found some stuff too...I was stoked to find a $10 sweater at H & M.

This was taken this past weekend at Pine Springs Ranch up in the San Jacinto mountains. These are some of Jared's classmates who came to the retreat the dental school puts on every year at the beginning of November. This was the most fun night I have had in a long time...a bunch dental students, faculty and staff go up to this camp (Pine Springs is a Christian owned camp), have dinner together in the lodge and then have a full night of skits, games and laugh-out-loud fun! Jared's D1 class won the skit competition and let me tell you...it was hilarious!!! I will have to post the youtube link once it's up- everyone was so impressed that the first year dental students did such a good job...normally that's saved for the 3rd and 4th year students to wow the crowd. I don't think there's a dental school in the country that puts on a retreat like this, but I think Loma Linda does a great job at keeping their students motivated, energetic and balanced during their 4 years of dental school- it was crazy to think that all these fun people we were surrounded by that night will all be future dentists scattered all over the world. Very cool!

Here's a pit stop we made on the way up to the camp. It was an incredible view!

San Jacinto mountain range

Let me tell you...Fall does exist in Southern California...you just have to go find it! (Another stop we made while driving to Pine Springs Ranch.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun day. Dr Sophia's dress is so pretty. I'm sure she must feel very special after her girls day out with you and Denise. Jadie your hair is getting so long! Miss you so much!! Love,Mom XOXOXOXO