Friday, April 30

Check off on the Bucket List

A dream came true today...I crossed something off my bucket list...I met Giada De Laurentiis today with my sister!!!! I have been a fan of Giada since she first became a star. For those that know nothing about her, she is a celebrity chef on the Food Network who has some of the best recipes I've ever cooked. I have cooked so many of her recipes, watched almost all of the episodes of her show, gone a good way through her last book and I have always said I would LOVE to meet her. So today in Santa Monica, Giada had a book signing event at William Sonoma. I bought a ticket, invited Alla, and we had a 'girl's day' out in Santa Monica and walked away with a signed book and a dream having come true. Giada is so sweet- just like you see on TV. She's gorgeous, tiny, extremely friendly and made you feel like the trip to see her was well worth it. What an oportunity!

Giada wasn't posing with anyone, but here's the closest we could get to a picture together. :)
Nothing better than having a dream come true and having your sister there to share in it with you! Alla and I had a blast together...standing in line taking pictures, sampling the food they had for us, getting all pumped up for me, treating me to a sushi lunch afterwards, and bearing through the 3 1/2 hour drive home in LA rush hour traffic!

Got my next book of Giada recipes to cook through.
Alla's a fan too...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy for you to meet Giada, get her new cook book and get to do it with Alla. Having three incredible daughters is my dream come true...it was on my bucket list.

Emilie said...

I love Giada too! So cool that you got to meet her!

Minerella said...

Hey Jadie! so cool that you met Giada! I love her! How are you guys??? It's been a while. What's your email. I have some news to share with you....