Tuesday, April 20

Ordinary

Life is full of the ordinary these days. With midterms coming up next week for Jared that usually means the week or two before we stick around Loma Linda so he can study, study, study...and I keep busy around the house and with sisters or friends. This last weekend we went out to dinner with some friends at a new restaurant we hadn't tried yet...Islands. Kind of like a Red Robin, but with a Hawaiian feel/theme. We drove to LA on Sunday for church and enjoyed a coffee at Starbucks with Kim and her boyfriend Amos afterwards before heading back home to...study. I appreciate the ordinary this week...which includes:

1. Getting my gift ready for my coworker, Denise, since tomorrow is Secretary's Day. She loves to garden.
2. Making sugar cookies for Secretary's Day.

3. Making sure Jared is well fed and nourished for his hours and hours of studying.

4. Jared's ordinary is looking at Power Point slides like this-studying the spinal cord. P.S. The first two years of dental school are much like the first two of Med School. Even as a dentist, you have to know the workings of the body as a whole. Oral health=Overall health.

5. Studying those Power Point slides at his "home office"-which is really a part of our dining room. See the set up...ergonomic computer and chair set up, ear phones for the iTunes, ear plugs in case he needs to drown out the TV noise (because I have to watch American Idol and Glee...and a couple others in the evenings), two lamps for good light, and of course a cup of water. :) Dental school really is THIS involved and intense. But it is also so FUN and REWARDING.

The only new thing I thought I'd share...I picked up my new glasses today.

And that, everyone...is the ordinary. :)



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The amazing thing is that God is in the ordinary. Praying for you and Jared. LOVE you!! xoxo
p.s. You look adorable in your new glasses.

Anonymous said...

Very cute glasses, Jadie! Of course, you would look cute in any glasses!! I love you more than you can imagine!
Dad

mmsnyder said...

You are so sweet... glad to see things are going so well for you and Jared! :) Tell him good luck with all the studying!
Megan

Anonymous said...

I cannot tell you how much I loooved Islands and how much I miss it:) Kelly Lundberg

Anonymous said...

Jadie! Love reading your updates. I'm looking forward to doing some phone call updates after grad and some in-person updates soon :) Hope all is going super well. Love the new glasses, too cute.

Phylicia