Sunday, January 24

Clinic with A Heart and...snow?

Loma Linda School of Dentistry does a really cool thing every January called Clinic With A Heart, where the school is open for a day of free dental care to the Loma Linda and surrounding communities. The day starts at 8:00 and up to 300 patients are seen by students...completely free of charge. People line up as early as the night before outside to be sure they are one of the first 300 to get in and be treated. Jared and I both volunteered this morning and what an amazing, special and meaningful thing to be a part of. So many thankful people, so many students, faculty and staff there to help, and so many lives being touched by having simple procedures done like a tooth removed, cavity filled, or teeth cleaning. We were blessed to be a part of what Loma Linda University lives by...service!

The future Dr. Adams...Jared assisted Dr. Elena Justice (one of the doctors in my department) perform a tooth and cyst extraction, and 2 fillings.

A bunch of the student doctors in my department, International Dentist Program. All our students are dentists in their respective countries and join our program for 2 years to obtain their DDS in the United States.

Dr. Doleyres is a dentist from Haiti and she and I have a sweet little bond. She has been affected greatly by the recent earthquake, since her family is there and everyday she comes up to my office and updates me with the good or bad news she finds out about who in her family has survived the tragedy and who has not. She is a strong woman with great faith and knowing her has connected and given me a greater passion for Haiti and what is going on in her country right now.



Dr. Saman...I got to watch/assist him today with an extraction. My first time ever watching a dental procedure done and wow!!! What a cool experience! A little hard for my stomach to hold, but I was so excited to get to see dentistry in action. My job was just to hand him the tools & gauze and then make sure the patient felt comfortable. I had so much fun!

Here is the set up for people to sit and wait in line that we walked by yesterday. Clinic With A Heart is a very well organized event and people come from all over So Cal to get in the doors.


So if you think So Cal doesn't get snow, think again. With our week of rain in Loma Linda, that meant the mountains were getting dumped with snow...and yesterday when the sun finally came out, this was the scene. Beautiful!



The great part about where we live...swimming pools, palm trees, and SNOW all in one view! :) People really do sometimes ski in the morning up in the San Bernardino mountains and then drive down and surf for the afternoon out at the beach (which is only an hour away from here).


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW to Clinic With a Heart, WOW to the beautiful snow and WOW...you and Jared are amazing!! God is using and blessing you both.
Mom xox

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may commense earning with a money that usually is spent
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'll be glad to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

wow,what an awesome view of the mountains, the best of both worlds, you can feel the sun and see the snow! -Ashlee